East Dakota Transit Mission Statement
On June 26, 1998, East Dakota Transit, Inc. (EDT) was organized for the purpose of continuing to serve the needs of ECCO, Community Counseling, and Inter-Lakes Community Action Partnership. The ridership has grown to include the general public, children going to school, and children going to day care providers.
The transportation program today is managed by Inter-Lakes Community Action Partnership.
The East Dakota Transit bus is equipped with wheelchair lifts. Chairs must fit on the lift and have a maximum weight of 600 pounds.
Where will the bus go?
* Medical Appointments
* Beauty Shop
* Community Center
* Grocery Store
* Social Events
* Day Care
* Other locations as needed
This transit agency is committed to providing non-discriminatory service. To request more information or file a discrimination complaint, contact this transit agency or the South Dakota Department of Transportation at (605) 773-3574.
Scott Finck, Contact Person
East Dakota Transit
PO Box 199
Madison, SD 57042
Call our dispatcher...256-5810
Hours of operation for the bus vary by day. Please call the dispatcher 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride. Call before noon.
What is the cost?
$2.00 per one-way ride.
$40.00 for a 20 ride bus ticket.
If 60 or older, your contribution is appreciated.
East Dakota is a Medicaid Provider.
* Riders should be ready and waiting within a 15 minute "window" before and after their scheduled pick-up time.
* Payment of the fee or donation is required for each one way ride, unless prior arrangements have been made.
* Riders must have correct change. Drivers do not carry change.
* Drivers will assist riders upon request.
* No eating, drinking or smoking on the bus.
* EDT requires one day's notice for rides.
* EDT reserves the right to refuse transportation.